Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING : Prince harry steps down from African HIV/AIDs charity role…Full details below

Published

on

BREAKING : Prince harry steps down from African HIV/AIDs charity role…Full details below

British Prince Harry has quit as a patron of Sentebale, a British charity he set up to help young people with HIV and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, after a dispute between trustees and the chair of the board that he called devastating.
Harry, the younger son of King Charles, co-founded Sentebale in honour of his mother Princess Diana in 2006, nine years after she was killed in a Paris car crash.

DAILY POST reports that Sentebale means “forget-me-not” in the local language of Lesotho in southern Africa.
Co-founder Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, as well as the board of trustees, joined Harry in leaving Sentebale until further notice amid a dispute with chair Sophie Chandauka, who has reported the trustees to Britain’s Charity Commission.

BREAKING : Prince harry steps down from African HIV/AIDs charity role...Full details below

“It is devastating that the relationship between the charity’s trustees and the chair of the board broke down beyond repair, creating an untenable situation,” Harry and Seeiso said in a joint statement published by British media on Wednesday.

Harry, who lives in California with his wife Meghan and two children, was said to have stopped working as a member of the royal family in 2020.
He has reportedly been involved in charitable causes in Africa for many years and visited Nigeria last year.

The joint statement said that the trustees had acted in the best interests of the charity in asking the chair to step down.

“Although we may no longer be Patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care,” it added.
Meanwhile, Sentebale said it had not received resignations from its royal patrons.

In a statement, Chandauka said she would continue to perform her role.

“There are people in this world who behave as though they are above the law and mistreat people, and then play the victim card and use the very press they disdain to harm people who have the courage to challenge their conduct,” she said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS4 hours ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce rejoice over baby news amid ongoing wedding speculation:Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have another reason to celebrate, as they welcome a new addition to the Kelce family. The power couple, who have been making headlines with their whirlwind romance, are overjoyed with the arrival of Jason Kelce and Kylie Kelce’s fourth daughter. The baby news comes amid growing speculation about Taylor and Travis’s future, with fans wondering if wedding bells might be on the horizon…More details below

NEWS4 hours ago

Breaking : “Trump’s tariffs unsettle U.S. trade partners, causing a downturn in Asian markets: Live updates …See More

NEWS11 hours ago

BREAKING : Taylor Swift Responds to Kylie Kelce’s Announcement With a Subtle Gesture…See More

Breaking News : Taylor Swift shocks fans by announcing the conclusion of her iconic program, stating, “I’m relocating to Canada for good and have no plans to return to the U.S.—I refuse to share the same air as Elon Musk...See More
NEWS12 hours ago

Breaking News : Taylor Swift shocks fans by announcing the conclusion of her iconic program, stating, “I’m relocating to Canada for good and have no plans to return to the U.S.—I refuse to share the same air as Elon Musk…See More

NEWS13 hours ago

Unbelievable : Serena Williams Turned Away from Her Own Hotel—Her Response Is Epic!… Read More

NEWS15 hours ago

BREAKING : NFL star Travis Kelce and music sensation Taylor Swift tied the knot last night in a star-studded wedding that had fans and celebrities buzzing. The couple, who have been in the spotlight since making their relationship public in 2023, exchanged vows in a breathtaking ceremony. SEE 10 EXCLUSIVE WEDDING PHOTOS

NEWS1 day ago

Breaking : Nick Wright, a friend of Travis Kelce, says they haven’t spoken since Kelce’s relationship with Taylor Swift became serious…More details

NEWS1 day ago

BREAKING : Passengers Refuse to Sit with Patrick Mahomes Due to Prejudice, Unaware He Owns the Airline…More details below

NEWS1 day ago

BREAKING : Patrick Mahomes Denied Entry at Luxury Restaurant—Returns in a Rolls-Royce to Make a Statement…See More

NEWS1 day ago

Breaking : Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Can’t Keep Their Hands Off Each Other During a Romantic Outing at the US Open Miami, with Taylor Whispering, ‘He’s My Favorite Person to Be With,’ Confirming They’re Still the Hottest Celebrity Couple Around…More details below

NEWS1 day ago

BREAKING : Travis Kelce isn’t just dominating the field—he’s redefining the playbook. In a move worthy of a romance novel, the NFL star has crafted a heartfelt plan to solidify his love for Taylor Swift. Insiders reveal the swoon-worthy gesture that’s sure to leave Swift’s buzzing with excitement…See More

NEWS2 days ago

BREAKING : Travis Kelce isn’t just dominating the field—he’s changing the game entirely. In a move worthy of a romance novel, the NFL star has devised a deeply personal plan to solidify his connection with Taylor Swift. Sources reveal the heartfelt gesture that’s sure to leave Swift’s buzzing with excitement…See More

Copyright © 2024 USAtides24