Connect with us

NEWS

News update: Ukrainian ‘drone plane’. Xz strikes base in Chechnya

Published

on

News update: Ukrainian ‘drone plane’ strikes base in Chechnya

Ukraine’s military attacked the capital of Chechnya on Sunday, with locals reporting that three drones targeted military and police bases.
Two of the devices were shot down, while the third hit the Akhmat-Grozny OMON base, which reportedly houses units of the Chechen leader’s private army.

Footage posted on Russian Telegram channels showed a plane-like long-range missile hurtling towards a building in the city of Grozny, accompanied by the sound of gunfire in the background, followed by a large explosion.

Self-styled Chechen strongman Ramzan Kadyrov said no casualties had been reported and that he would respond with “more precise and harsher retaliatory strikes”.

Chechnya is a mainly Muslim republic within the Russian Federation. Kadyrov has been a vocal supporter of Moscow’s war and has sent forces to Ukraine, some 1,000km away, to fight alongside Russian forces.
Yan Matveyev, a Russian military analyst, wrote on social media that the drone was probably an A-22, a modified light aircraft which has reportedly been used by Kyiv for long-range unmanned strikes into Russia.

Yaroslav Trofimov, The Wall Street Journal’s chief foreign affairs correspondent, said on X that the drones “flew at least 500 miles”.

The attack is Ukraine’s third this month in the region. Earlier this week, a drone was shot down over a police barracks, with four guards suffering light wounds from the falling debris. Last week a drone reportedly hit the roof of a police facility.

In October, the roof of a military training centre in the Chechen city of Gudermes was set ablaze in what appeared to be the first Ukrainian drone attack directed against Chechnya since the start of the war in February 2022.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS4 hours ago

Just in They Laughed at the ‘Bum’ Who Walked In — Until They Realized It Was Patrick Mahomes”…See More

NEWS5 hours ago

BREAKING : Jason Kelce Hilariously Compares ‘Tush Push’ to Bathroom Struggles, Leaving Travis in Stitches”…See More

NEWS6 hours ago

BREAKING : Goodbye, Jet Trackers: New FAA Rule Makes It Harder to Follow Private Flights of Celebrities Like Elon Musk and Taylor Swift”…See More

Patrick’s mind raced. He couldn’t just walk away. This child needed help. He glanced toward the checkout counter, but there was no staff member nearby. So, he decided to take matters into his own hands.
NEWS8 hours ago

BREAKING : When Patrick Mahomes Heard a Toddler Crying in the Store, He Had No Idea What He’d Find”…See More

NEWS16 hours ago

Just in : Taylor Swift Crowned World’s Richest Musician with a Staggering $2.5 Billion Net Worth”…See More

NEWS16 hours ago

Tragedy News : Prince Henry Falls seriously Sick After Enduring Struggles in the U.S.: A Royal Health Scare Sparks Concern Worldwide…More details

NEWS17 hours ago

BREAKING : Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce enjoy a private retreat before their hectic schedules pick up again…See More

NEWS18 hours ago

Shocking : NFL Just received a heartbroken news, RIP”: Tom Brady’s Raiders Join NFL Community to Mourn Loss of Super Bowl Champ Who Passed Away at 74 …..Read More

NEWS2 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce rejoice over baby news amid ongoing wedding speculation:Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have another reason to celebrate, as they welcome a new addition to the Kelce family. The power couple, who have been making headlines with their whirlwind romance, are overjoyed with the arrival of Jason Kelce and Kylie Kelce’s fourth daughter. The baby news comes amid growing speculation about Taylor and Travis’s future, with fans wondering if wedding bells might be on the horizon…More details below

NEWS2 days ago

Breaking : “Trump’s tariffs unsettle U.S. trade partners, causing a downturn in Asian markets: Live updates …See More

NEWS2 days ago

BREAKING : Taylor Swift Responds to Kylie Kelce’s Announcement With a Subtle Gesture…See More

Breaking News : Taylor Swift shocks fans by announcing the conclusion of her iconic program, stating, “I’m relocating to Canada for good and have no plans to return to the U.S.—I refuse to share the same air as Elon Musk...See More
NEWS2 days ago

Breaking News : Taylor Swift shocks fans by announcing the conclusion of her iconic program, stating, “I’m relocating to Canada for good and have no plans to return to the U.S.—I refuse to share the same air as Elon Musk…See More

Copyright © 2024 USAtides24